MINIMAL YET ELEGANT
Homeowners opt for open stairs in the GTA for two main reasons.
#1, Because they can help the space to feel much larger than it actually is.
#2, You can see through them to the space beyond (great for getting natural light into the stairwell).
Open staircase designs don't actually have any risers instead, they have a thicker stringer and treads, which give the staircase the strength it needs to support the weight of those walking on it.
The ultimate in minimalist design, the handrails and balustrades that we use with open riser stairs are designed to visually float. This adds to the sense of freedom and airiness that the stairs evoke.
- Suits and style, from modern to contemporary
- Makes the space feel much bigger
- Introduces sunlight into dark stairwell areas
- Helps to unify separate spaces within the home
- Floating treads have maximum support